15 mar 2016
If you are receiving any form of medical treatment at home which involves the essential use of electrical devices, at Endesa we will explain how you can ask for your power supply not to be interrupted. Treatments in which the use of electrical devices is considered essential are as follows:
What documents need to be presented?
You will need to present a medical certificate stamped and signed by a doctor certifying the need for an uninterrupted power supply. . The doctor signing this certificate shall certify, pursuant to article 52.4 of the Electricity Sector Act 24/2013 of 26 December, that the patient requires the use of a machine, as prescribed by a doctor, which requires electricity.
Please remember that this medical certificate is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.. If after 1 year the requirements remain the same, the certificate shall have to be renewed and submitted again.
Who has to apply for it?
- The title holder of the supply.
- Any authorised person, in which case the relevant authorisation shall be submitted together with the application.
- If the affected party is not the title holder of the supply, proof must be provided to certify that the property is the primary residence of the person for whom the application is submitted. The following shall be submitted:
- Certificate from the town council.
- Proof of registration with the town council.
- Copy of ID with the relevant address of the affected party.
How do I apply for it?
Endesa (Request medical treatment)
Plaza Ruiz de Alda, 7 Acc C
41004 – Seville
- You may apply for it online from your private area My Endesa / Customer Service , via the New Request ,link, opening a Request,selecting the category Payments to Endesa and the Subject Supply vital medical treatment. You must attach the necessary documentation with this request.
- You must attach the necessary documentation with this request.
- FAX: 95 560 02 76
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address:
Please be advised of the following:
- It is not possible to guarantee a 100% uninterrupted supply, , given that the supply may be interrupted as a result of maintenance work on the grid or for reasons beyond the control of the distribution company. Therefore, it would be advisable to have a backup system (UPS or power generating set) which enables you to have a supply in the event of a possible outage.
- Not interrupting the supply does not release the interested party from the payment of the debt.