The Supreme Court has decided to cancel the RD 216/2014, changing the marketing cost of the regulated tariff (VPSC). This change entails adjusting electricity bills issued between April 2014 and December 2016.
What is the marketing cost?
It covers reference resellers companies' customer service costs, contracting and bill management costs.
Included in the power term of the regulated tariff (VPSC), it accounts for approximately 3% of an average customer’s bill.
Why is it changing?
Because, after a report issued by the National Commission for Markets and Competition (CNMC), the Supreme Court ruled that the marketing cost of the VPSC tariff should be established according to a calculation method that did not exist before.
The Government established a new regulation for determining the cost, with the following result:
- In terms of power: the sum of the marketing cost is reduced from 4 euros to 3 euros per kW/year.
- In terms of consumption: a new marketing cost is included (0,000825€/kWh plus an amount calculated by Red Eléctrica de España for each hour).
Who does it affect and how does it affect them?
These changes do not affect customers in deregulated markets.
The changes are as follows:
- The amount included under the power item is reduced and a new amount is added under consumption.
- This item may be recalculated retroactively from April 2014 to December 2016 on a single bill.
This is how it will appear on your bill
4 answers to 4 questions
1. Why has my bill been adjusted?
Because the marketing cost of the regulated tariff (VPSC) has changed and regulation (RD 469/2016) enables reference reseller companies to adjust bills included within the period of April 2014 and December 2016.
2.Who does it affect?
All customers that were in the regulated market (VPSC tariff and Social Rate) between April 2014 and December 2016.
It does not affect customers in the deregulated market.
3. What does the adjustment consist of?
In recalculating the marketing cost of the regulated tariff (VPSC) pursuant to the new regulation for the April 2014-December 2016 period. This adjustment shall be carried out once only and on a single bill.
4. Iam not an Endesa customer, why has my bill been adjusted?
Because you were an Endesa customer at some point between April 2014-December 2016.
Any queries? Contact us!