This version of is not compatible.

Non-compatible browsers, in addition to preventing you from using all of the webpage’s features, are slower and present security risks.

We recommend that you update your version of your browser now, or that you access the page using another compatible browser .

Go to content
Homes and Businesses
  • CAT
  • EN
  • ES

Endesa - Electricity, Gas, People

Preventing power outages when receiving medical treatment

For certain medical treatments at home, we inevitably have to use a device that runs on mains power. Let us discuss the two most relevant examples:

  • Dialysis
  • Ventilators

In circumstances such as this, you are entitled to request that, even if your bills go unpaid, the power supply not be shut off. In addition, you can request that there be no interruptions in power supply, even when your electricity use runs over the contracted power (in other words, the "switch should never be thrown").

What documents need to be presented?

You will need to present a medical certificate stamped and signed by a doctor certifying the need for an uninterrupted power supply.

The doctor signing this certificate shall certify, pursuant to article 52.4 of the Electricity Sector Act 24/2013 of 26 December, that the patient requires the use of a machine, as prescribed by a doctor, which requires electricity.

Please remember that this medical certificate is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.. If after 1 year the requirements remain the same, the certificate shall have to be renewed and submitted again.

Who has to apply for it?

  • The title holder of the supply​.
  • Any authorised person, in which case the relevant authorisation shall be submitted together with the application.
  • If the affected party is not the title holder of the supply, proof must be provided to certify that the property is the primary residence of the person for whom the application is submitted. The following shall be submitted:
    • Certificate from the town council.
    • Proof of registration with the town council.
    • Copy of ID with the relevant address of the affected party.

How do I apply for it?

You may apply for it online from your private area My Endesa / Customer Service , via the New Request ,link, opening a Request,selecting the category Payments to Endesa and the Subject Supply vital medical treatment. You must attach the necessary documentation with this request.

You must attach the necessary documentation with this request:

  • FAX: 95 560 02 76
  • E-mail:
  • Postal address:

    Endesa (Request medical treatment)
    Plaza Ruiz de Alda, 7 Acc C
    41004 – Seville

It is extremely important that you know this:

  • It is not possible to guarantee a 100% uninterrupted supply, , given that the supply may be interrupted as a result of maintenance work on the grid or for reasons beyond the control of the distribution company. Therefore, it would be advisable to have a backup system (UPS or power generating set) which enables you to have a supply in the event of a possible outage.
  • Not interrupting the supply does not release the interested party from the payment of the debt.